Sports Travel Consultant
The ideal candidate will have an enthusiasm for sports, an understanding of event housing management, outstanding customer service skills, and the ability to promote and nurture business relationships.
The Sports Travel Consultant has primary responsibility for management of specific Halpern Travel events. The ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, prioritize effectively, work calmly under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision are critical to succeeding in this role. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required along with strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Preference will be given to candidates having experience within the travel or the sports industry.
- Research event areas to identify event hotels, rates and amenities
- Negotiate with hotels to contract room blocks
- Manage room blocks and reservation lists using Halpern Travel’s online reservation system
- Promote and nurture business relationships with hotels, CVBs, sports commissions and other vendors
- Assist in developing procedures and processes to increase operational efficiency
- Travel to several sports events annually
- Demonstrate a highly professional attitude and commitment to outstanding customer service
- Strong organizational, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle high volume effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Past experience within the travel or the sports industry is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com.